Monday, October 25, 2010

October 26

About a month ago I decided that I wanted to be a flamingo for Halloween, but with the holiday getting closer and without having worked on a costume I decided to give up on the idea. This changed on Saturday afternoon when my friend Malia called and convinced me to get to work. Since we will be together on Halloween this meant making a costume for her as well. Since I had decided on a flamingo, she joined the bird theme and decided to be a parrot. After our phone conversation I went to the fabric store and purchased tons of silky fabric in six different colors, and then spent the next few days working on the costumes.

On Saturday I made a red circle skirt for Malia and a pink on for myself.
On Sunday I made one flamingo wing with white, pink, and red feathers.
And since I didn't work on Monday, I put together the other three wings.

So now I can answer the question, how many feathers are on the wing of a bird?
By my calculations, a hell of a lot.

No comments:

Post a Comment