Saturday, September 28, 2013

More Tie Dye and a Hemlock Tee

I was fortunate to spend part of my week camping along the California coast, and I have to admit I spent more than a day in my comfy new Grainline Hemlock Tee. I'm still a bit intimidated by knits and my serger, but I decided to get over it and make this tee, and I'm so happy that I did! The pattern is quick to make and the finished result is just the right amount of slouchy and comfortable.

The other part of this outfit are my new favorite leggings! Well sort of, I love the tie dye, but the pattern needs some adjustments. I used BurdaStyle's Carol Leggings pattern since I already had it in my pattern collection. I'm planning on reading some tutorials to adjust the fit for the next time. The leggings are made from white stretch cotton that I tub dyed gray and then tie dyed with black, fuschia, and deep purple. 




8 comments:

  1. Awesome outfit! Loving the leggings, and I really need to make myself a hemlock tee!!! It looks great on you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh your pictures make me dream of summer coming back! love the leggings, the colors are beautiful...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love those leggings! Leggings are on my list of things to make!

    ReplyDelete
  4. love the leggings--beautiful color combo.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome leggings, I'm sure you'll get loads of wear out of them. I live in mine. I must make myself some!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great tie dye leggings!! Your outfit looks so comfy, I want to curl up in it and lie on the beach!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love these leggings. I got stuck into drafting my own legging pattern a few months back and I love the fit (how to on my blog if you fancy having a look). And love the tie-dye effect. Makes your things pop!

    x Elena

    ReplyDelete