Sunday, January 31, 2010

Ribbon stripe dress


Last weekend I reported on a work in progress and this weekend I finally got around to taking pictures of the finished project. Here it is, my ribbon stripe dress complete with two large pockets and buttons down the back. I saw a dress online a while back that had this kind of red ribbon detailing so I decided to be a copycat and do the same thing. The box pleats on the skirt were inspired by a different dress I saw online.



The skirt has a gathered lining to give it some fullness (at first I was unhappy with this part, but after pressing the pleats on top the skirt looked much less balloon like). I came up with the pattern on my own as I went along and I'm rather pleased with how it turned out.



Now I'll just have to wait around for warmer weather so that I can wear it out.

2 comments:

  1. I love the dress! I make clothes for my son, but would like to start making more things for myself (especially dresses) do you recommend any books that helped you learn how to start or are you just self taught.
    thanks

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi!
    I awarded you for this dress on my blog. I love it !

    ReplyDelete