Tuesday, March 16, 2010

I have tons of projects going right now, including this one which is somewhat strange. A while back I came across a tutorial about knitting with plastic bags. It has instructions on how to cut plastic bags in such a way that you end up with a long strip ready for knitting. There is a photo of a bag knitted from plastic bags that looks absolutely amazing, so I thought I would give it a try. I'm using the bright blue bags that the morning paper comes in (and knitting needles that are far too small for such a thing, oops, it's all I have). I'm determined to make something (even though it makes my fingers sore) so hopefully in the coming days I'll have a knitted bag to share!

And now for one other project in progress. I started this top tonight which is again based loosely on something I saw online. I used my basic shirt pattern as a starting point to create the shape I wanted. So far I really like how the back looks, but I'm uncertain about the button down front. Since the back has nice details, I'm thinking of making the front a bit more simple.

No comments:

Post a Comment