Tuesday, April 6, 2010

April 6

One of my cousins gave birth to a baby girl last week which of course gives me the perfect opportunity to make something cute. I decided on a stuffed animal made following a pattern from the book Softies. Make way for George the Elephant King!
The pattern calls for felt, which I didn't have on hand, but I did find the sleeves that I had cut off an old sweater a while back (a great substitution). I chose red cotton with little white polka dots for the body.
The elephant eyes and mouth are embroidered. (Check out my box of embroidery thread... possibly my best thrift store find of all time! The plastic organizer stocked full of thread for just a few dollars.)
A little smile hiding under a trunk.
The finished elephant is going to be rather delightful, but it will have to wait until tomorrow. Off to bed for me so I can get up for an early morning swim... also delightful.

2 comments:

  1. Awww, he's going to be so cute. Every little baby would like to have such a sweet elephant to cuddle with :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I cannot wait to see the finished product!!

    ReplyDelete