Sunday, May 2, 2010

May 2

I started my day by finishing off the skirt that I was working on last night. I ended up going with the lace, rather than making pleats. I sewed the lace behind the hem (I would have put it on the lining, but it's hemline was a bit uneven, oops) and I made matching cloth buttons using a kit.

The gathers go all the way across the back, but on the front the gathers are only a few inches wide (they're kind of more like darts). I'm going to try pressing the skirt again to fight off the puffiness. I'm planning to take a few more photos tomorrow since it's difficult to see all the details in these ones, so stay tuned!


Once I was done with my skirt, I went for a walk on a fire trail up in the hills. I have to admit that I'm a bit of a homebody, but the weather was too nice to stay in the house all day.


2 comments:

  1. The skirt is lovely. I like how you styled it, especially with those shoes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. it's darling! i like the fabric covered buttons too.

    ReplyDelete