Tuesday, May 3, 2011

May 3

My Easter Sunday was spent with my sewing machine creating this wonderful spring dress. It's a variation of BurdaStyle's Danielle Dress with sleeves that are based on the sleeves from the JJ Blouse.

I used the front bodice and waistband of the Danielle Dress as is, but changed the rest. The back bodice was lowered quite a bit, but has the same square shape as the front bodice. I used a simple gathered square for the skirt and there is an invisible zipper up the back for closure.

For the puff sleeves I extended the JJ Blouse sleeve and then I added bias tape around the arm opening and a fabric covered button closure.

My mom bought the fabric for me at a thrift shop and I bought the zipper secondhand at a rummage sale. I quite like the fabric, especially because the selvage says, "Matters of the Heart."






Photos by Bennett.

3 comments:

  1. You look great ! I should definitely give these patterns a try. And the pictures are cool :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It turned out really beautiful and these photos are so full of spring feeling! Your mother really has a wonderful taste for fabrics! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. High Natasha my name is magaly , from Italy, searching in Burdastyle the instructions of "Danielle dress" I did'nt find them at all did you have it. Could you please send me the instructions only I have the pattern allready. In the case my email is - mamely444@gmail.com Thanks anyway

    ReplyDelete