Sunday, July 31, 2011

July 31

My day consisted of staying home and sewing... my idea of the perfect day.

I spent most of my afternoon working as a one woman wallet assembly line fueled by tea, Van Morrison, and Radiolab.
The wallets were made following Verypurpleperson's wallet tutorial, which I've used a few times before. I used oilcloth and canvas lining, and I am giving them as thank you gifts.


The absolute best part about the wallets is hidden in one of the money pockets... a personalized tag! A few weeks ago Adrienne from All Style and All Substance sent me a package that included these clothing tags. Thanks Adrienne!

Once the wallets were done I went on to sew a simple shirt. I didn't have much fabric, so it turned into a crop top. By the time I was finished sewing, the sun was dipping below the horizon so I was unable to take any good pictures. However, I did take one inside as a sneak peek.


1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you are liking/using the labels! Your wallets are very cute and professional -- in a very NattyJane way. I hope you get your sewing creativity back soon so we can see more of your creations. But I'm not one to talk, because I've also been out of the "sewing loop". Seriously need to update my blog.

    ReplyDelete