Sunday, September 18, 2011

September 18

Photo from grainline.

I've used my Tiny Pocket Tank pattern from grainline many times, so when Jen released her new Kat Colorblock Dress pattern about a week ago, I decided I should buy it straight away!
I started working on my new dress today. Step 1: dyeing the fabric! Yes, I decided to try this pattern out with tie dyed cotton.
I thought it would be interesting to dye the fabric before cutting out the pattern pieces so that the colorblocks would still be slightly colorblock-y.
I've been a big fan of shabd for quite some time, so I looked to her pieces as a source of inspiration. I bought some blue and gray dye for a more subtle tie dye, and hopefully it will turn out somewhere near what I'm envisioning. That's part of the fun of tie dye though, right? The big surprise when you untie the finished cloth? Crossing my fingers for something pretty!
If you'd like to see more of my tie dye inspiration, feel free to check out my Pinterest inspiration boards!

3 comments:

  1. I'm wearing one of your tie dye creations right now, and I can't wait to see how the dress turns out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait to see, tie dye is going to be awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The dying sounds like fun, and thats a very cute dress pattern! I look forward to seeing how it turns out!

    ReplyDelete